Some types of misconduct are pretty clear cut – such as stealing, fraud or damaging your property. But whether it’s ‘ordinary’ or gross misconduct, getting it wrong and rushing to dismiss could lead to a successful unfair dismissal claim. This could result in a payout to the employee of up to £105k.
Claim your Misconduct Special Report and 10 exclusive tools to help you follow a correct disciplinary process.
Your Special Report will show you:
- What types of behaviour may justify you taking formal disciplinary action, up to and including instant dismissal for gross misconduct.
- The 5 steps you need to take when investigating allegations of misconduct.
- Which actions you must carry out to ensure a disciplinary hearing is fair.
- How to ensure your proposed penalty isn’t excessive.
- How to hold an appeal against your decision.